Google

Monday, February 11, 2013

Comfort Zone

Tonight I was sitting in my chair with Rufus on my lap, reading the newspaper (Yes, I still get a real newspaper). I had The Biggest Loser on tv. I wasn't really watching it but had it on for more background noise.

This year they have kids on the show. I can't remember the girls name but the boy is named Bingo.

One of the girls (red team) wanted to be a cheerleader. The show arranged for her to practice with a squad. It looked like she was doing pretty good and had fun. In the interview she gave after practice she said that she had to step out of her comfort zone. She said it was scary but she did it and had a great time.

That struck something in me. I live a very safe and comfortable life.

For a couple years after hubby died, I learned to step out of my comfort zone and tried a lot of new things. I met lots of new people and had some fantastic experiences. While it was scary at first, I learned to embrace that fear and just jump right in. The water was always fine.

Tonight, I realized, that I have settled into the comfort zone and need to try some new things. Time to shake things up. I signed up for a boot camp class. Tracey has just started teaching the classes. She was promoting them this morning on Twitter and I did look and noticed that they were in Bay View. So I said "What the hell! I need to step out of my comfort zone and try something new". So I went over to the book of faces and clicked that Join button.

I'm excited, a bit nervous and hoping I don't die. Ok I know I won't die but I'm hoping I can still walk the next day.

No comments: