Google

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Things I Like

I like it when I get emails like this.

Donation to Tomorrow's Hope. As I posted the other day on our Facebook and Twitter, we closed out the books on the 2011 Tyranena Oktoberfest Bike Ride and mailed a donation check to Tomorrow's Hope in the amount of $19,107.47. Woohoo!

A couple weeks ago a friend and I volunteered at the annual Tyranena Oktoberfest Bike Ride. This was our second year of volunteering and I have ridden in the event three times previously.  Tyranena always puts on a great event.  It doesn't hurt when they make some awesome beer that we get to drink for helping out. It make me feel good to know that our help made a difference and that alot of money was raised to go to a great charity.

We are volunteering again for the Beer Run next weekend.  This event will benefit the Lake Mills food pantry and the Jefferson County Humane Society. I kinda would like to run the half marathon but my times are not quite where I want them to be and I would very likely be one of the last people out on the course. I am hoping that maybe next year I will be faster and can run it.Instead we will be in the finishers tent handing out snacks and water and collecting timing chips.

One of the things I told myself is that I would start doing more volunteer work. Whether it is at events like this, working with Team Challenge or company sponsored events. I am fortunate to have the time and energy to help out and feel that what I do does make a difference.

How have you made a difference??

No comments: