Google

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Freaking Out

I very seldom remember my dreams. I don't know why and really don't care. Who knows.. maybe I don't dream. But every once in awhile a dream sticks with you and really kind of creeps you out.

Last night I had a dream that my work hubby and I were in his car.  We were driving with the top down on a bridge. There was construction on the bridge. We had to stop when the bridge took a sudden shift up.  We got out of the car and walked to the end of bridge.  There were some people on the section that we were trying to get to.  They were telling us how to get up there in the car.

Next thing I know work hubby is falling over the side of the bridge. I can so distinctly hear him hitting the ground followed by cars honking. I remember screaming and woke up.  I lay in bed for quite awhile this morning because I couldn't shake the strange feeling I had. 

When I got to work, work hubby was already there. I was relieved.  I settled in and sent this tweet at 7:44 am. "Had a bizarre dream last night that work hubby fell off a bridge. Kinda freaked me out."

While checking Twitter about twenty minutes later I see that there is a report of someone falling/jumping off the Hoan bridge this morning. At first details were rather sketchy but it turns out that a man had some car problems, got out of his car to look under the hood and was hit and thrown over the side of the bridge by another driver. He fell 80 feet to his tragic death.

When I read that I had to go into the bathroom at work because I started to cry.  I have no idea why this freaked me out so bad. It did and still does leave me with a very unsettled feeling in my stomach. I feel so bad for this man's family.

I just hope that I don't have more dreams like this.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Jodi, I understand how scary this is, it is just too close for comfort. Our brains and the universe are more intuitive than we can ever imagine. Two nights before 9/11 I had a premonition dream... I'll tell you about it at practice on Sunday. It left me feeling guilty that I had something to do with the entire event. Dreams, gah!! Hope you are feeling a little more calm now, though.

AletaR said...

That was an awful accident. Just made me shudder when thinking about it.
Dreams are weird. I keep having dreams that we won money. I'll write you from AZ if it comes true.