Google

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Circle of Life

The past week has been a tough one for my friends.

One friend's father passed away Saturday very unexpectedly. Another friend's mom has been going through some rough times and it looks like the end may be near. Today I got a call from my mom about another friend who I have not seen in probably 10 years that her mom had passed away on Monday.  Three months ago another good friend's mom passed away.

I know all about the circle of life. I watched The Lion King, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

I just hate that my friends and I are now getting to that age where we are losing our parents.  I am not that old.

It has been a little over two years (Aug 21st) that my dad passed away.  I still miss him so much. I miss talking to him about stupid stuff or just to even say hi.  While the pain has subsided, the heartache is still always there. 

This past weekend at camping it was decided that we are doing away with the third week of August. Too many bad things happen. Three years ago, my friend's brother died, two years was my dad and this year, two friends lost their parents.

The only good thing was 11 years ago two great friends got married. They were even nice enough to offer to move their anniversary date to not coincide with the "bad" week.

I want to go to more weddings and less funerals.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I hear you. Sometimes it really sucks to grow up. Losing people is one of them.