Google

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Spent a portion of this weekend doing some spring cleaning. Helped a friend clean out a spare room on Saturday. On Sunday, I tackled my house.

The first thing was the truck. It needed a good vacuuming out. I am picky about several things and one of them is my truck. I don't eat in there nor do I use it as a place to store stuff. All I ever have in there is the dog seat, umbrella and the snow brush and blanket. The last two items came back into the house for the season. I wanted to do the windows but the truck was in the sun and I was too lazy to move it.

I then washed the bird cage. Ollie's cage is rather large and cleaning it is a pain in the butt. I will usually just roll it outside and use the hose on it. Since it was in the mid 80's, outside it went. Ollie loved it. He was singing with the outside birds. I keep waiting for some of them to try and land on his cage.

Next on the agenda was the lawn. When snowpocalypse hit, the neighbor's pine tree lost a lot of little branches. Most of them ended up in my yard. I thought about getting the lawn mower out and using the bagger to pick them up but it was under some bags of rummage sale stuff. So I raked. 3 bags of stuff. I can feel that in my shoulders and upper back today. It felt good to get the yard looking all nice again. The one thing that concerned me was that I was finding lots of little pieces of glass under the living room window. It looks like it had been there a long time, but still where was it coming from?? I'll bet I had a good two big handfuls of glass.

Took a break and walked the dogs at the park.

I then headed inside. I finally remembered to buy Windex at the store so I cleaned the dog prints off the windows. I was going to do the outsides but with storms approaching I felt it didn't pay to wash them and have them get dirty right away.

I still have some other things inside to tackle but most of that can wait until closer to the rummage sale time.

It is a good feeling to rid yourself of unwanted stuff. Like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders.

No comments: