Google

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Drive Me Crazy


Lately,  it seems like people have forgotten how to drive.

Not so much the big things but the little things that make a world of difference. 

1.  TURN SIGNAL - Using a turn signal to let others know your intentions. I don't care so much in a parking lot but I do care when I'm doing 65 on the left lane and you, doing 50, decide you need to move over because your exit is coming up in 3 miles. 

2.  STAY IN YOUR LANE - Simple enough to understand.  I drive in my lane, you drive in yours. No, you can't drive down the middle of both. Maybe if you got off your phone and paid attention to the road this wouldn't be an issue.

3.  SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT - This should be fairly obvious.  The DOT is nice enough to post signs telling you this.  Kinda goes back to #2.   Get off the phone and pay attention to your driving. 

4.  CLEAR YOUR WINDOWS - Now that winter is over (hopefully) this isn't such a big deal. If you are waiting for the wind to blow the snow off your windows or the defroster to melt it, get off your lazy butt and buy a scraper/brush. Clearing your headlights, brake lights and turn signals is also nice.  I'm not a mind reader and can't tell when you want to turn or stop. 

5. SPEED CONTROL - I have saved my biggest pet peeve for last. Maintain a consistent speed. Don't go from 70 to 48 in the course of a 1/4 mile. Obviously, keep up with the flow of traffic.  But if there is a pile of cars behind you either speed up or move the fuck over. Once again the biggest offenders are talking on their phones. 

I guess the theme of this is to pay attention and shut up and drive. 

No comments: