Google

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Up in Smoke

One of my co-workers, Hank, is in MN this week for some training.

Hank is a smoker. When he is in the office, Hank goes outside for a smoke break about once an hour. It takes him about 15 minutes each time. I know this because he walks by my desk each time he goes out.

Hank is staying in a hotel with his boss during the training. They have separate rooms. The hotel they are at is a non smoking hotel. We found out today that Hank has been smoking in his room. The hotel found this out as well.

The hotel fined Hank $250 for each night he is staying. He is there for five nights. That's $1250. One thousand two hundred fifty dollars.

That is alot of money. No matter who you are that will make a dent in your monthly budget. Hell, that is more than most people's mortgage payment.

To make matter even worse, Hank does not have a credit card. How you can be 60 years old and not have one is beyond me. I'm surprised he didn't have a corporate card. Normally, if you do any sort of traveling for work, they make you get one. So the fine for smoking in the room will be put on his boss's credit card.

When you get penalties like this, the bank will not pay for them. They are your responsibility. I'm not sure how he will pay back his boss. But I know if hubby had come home from a business trip and told me that he did something like this and now had to pay back $1250 I would be furious.

What would you do if that was your significant other?

~Peace Out~

No comments: