Google

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Karma is a Female Dog

Earlier this week, my cousin passed away. She was 67. In Sept. she had a stroke. After that things went down hill quickly. She had issues with blot clots and some other stuff. A week before Thanksgiving she was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer. They did surgery to relieve the pressure on her brain but it was terminal.

Growing up, our family did alot with theirs. My cousin, Daryl and I played SHAW hockey together. Ok, so I only lasted one season but it was still fun. Daryl on the other hand won a scholarship to Stout by playing hockey. I remember sitting at Wilson Park, with our hockey sticks, jamming to Kiss, Rock n Roll All Night.

On Christmas Day we had a round robin. Everyone like coming back to our house. By then it would be late. The parents were more interested in partying. Us kids took the snowmobiles out. We would go all over. It seemed that at least once or twice a year we would run out of gas or tip them and couldn't get them righted. Someone would have to hoof it back to the house and get a dad.

I'm sad but I somehow feel that this was a bit of karma action going on.

When my dad was sick, she and her husband were frequent visitors to the hospital. I appreciated that. I know it meant alot to my dad. But with all the stuff going on between my parents my cousin took sides. Not that it was wrong but she was not nice about it.

When my dad finally died, she totally ignored my mom at the funeral. She would not say a word to her. Walked right by her and came up to me. At the cemetery, after we buried my dad, she asked me if I thought that I should go back and lock up the house so my mom and sister wouldn't steal anything. That made me furious. She took a day that was already difficult and made it even worse.

I feel like somehow this is her payback for being mean. It's not that I would wish what she has gone through on anyone but sometimes I think that the world gives you what you deserve.

Is it mean of me to think that?

2 comments:

Kris said...

I am surprised the guy didn't get fired. Especially for being too lazy to walk his butt downstairs. I certainly would be furious if it was my significant.

AletaR said...

Nothing like commenting a week later.
Maybe the whole tumor thing is what made her so mean in the first place. Don't worry, Randy will put her in her place.