Google

Saturday, April 04, 2009

It's Rufus Time

This weekend I'm having the floors in my office and the spare bedroom refinished. More on that later. Because Riley and Boomer like to bark and are a bit hyper they were shipped off to my dad's for the weekend. So this weekend it's just Rufus and I.

I think Rufus is happy about that. He gets to lay on my lap without Boomer honing in. He gets to eat when he wants without the other two coming in and hogging the food dish. He gets the good spot next to me in bed without Boomer starting a fight.

Right now he is laying on the couch chewing on a Booda bone. He loves to chew on them but never gets to because the other two dogs will take them away from him. Rufus tends to be very mellow and doesn't always fight back for stuff like this. So when one of the other dogs takes it away from him, he lets them.

He loved it when we went for a walk in the park this afternoon and he got to stop when he wanted to. We could pass other dogs and he just keeps walking by. The other two have to bark at anything that walks by.

I have to pick the other two back up tomorrow but Rufus and I will have enjoyed our time together.

No comments: