Google

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Boys of Summer

The smell of fresh cut grass, the sounds of the ball hitting the glove. It's that time again, kids.

Welcome to baseball season!!!

Yesterday was opening day for the Milwaukee Brewers. Thanks to Gambino for hosting it this year. A good time was had by all. Popped open the first beer about noon. It was a cool, sunny day. It would have not been so bad outside if the wind wasn't so crazy.

Shortly before the game, with the food ready, the party was moved inside. The gang was gathered around the tv downstairs rooting the Brew Crew to a victory over the Cubs (can you say, YUCK!!). It was an exciting win in the bottom of the 9th.

Watched the game tonight and the score went back and forth several times. The umps missed a double play call that may have changed the flow of the game. In the end the Brewers rallied but fell short. The rubber match is tomorrow night. If I recall correctly, it is the Fox game of the week. You can watch the Brewers win even if you are not a local.

When I was over at my dad's last week, my nieces asked if I would take them to a game. That was something that they liked to do with hubby and I. Now that he is gone, I plan on still going with them. Now if I can just find someone to drive.....

No comments: