Google

Friday, October 03, 2008

Parents and Kids

Today's rant is not about people I know but people I don't.

I really don't like kids. I do not have kids. This is by choice. People, your kids or grand kids are not the best thing since sliced bread. Get a life. Not everyone likes or wants kids.

Today at work, someone's wife brought in their kid for 'show and tell'. I have no issue with someone bringing in a kid and staying for 5 minutes or so and then leaving.

My issue is with the parents who think their kids shit don't stink. The guy in the cube behind me had his wife bring the kid in today to show her off. The kid did nothing but cry and fuss for over an hour. Yeah, that's right over an hour.

I really don't like kids. I do not have kids. This is by choice.

If I wanted to hear kids crying I would have had them.

I do not want to hear your kid crying and shit while I am trying to work...... for over an hour.

I finally went to our building AA and asked him to do something about it. He did. Wife and kid were gone within 5 minutes.

My life was then happy.

I am very sure that if I were to bring my dogs in and they were barking that it would take less than an hour for someone to ask me to make them leave the building. Why are kids any different??

The funny thing is is that the dad in this case is on the phone almost every day with either the school or court system because his kids from a previous marriage is a delinquent. The kid is already labeled a habitual truant. School has been in session a month. One freaking month!!!!Maybe you should spend less time with the crying kid and new wife and more with the kid who will end up in jail by year's end.

I also have issue with parent's who are constantly leaving work early to take the kids to an appointment. Make the appointment outside of work hours. I do when I have to schedule vet appointments for the boys. I do not think that it is fair that they don't have to take vacation or sick time to for their kids events when I have to take sick or vacation time to take the dog(s) to the vet.

Once again, I do not have kids. This is by choice. I should not be penalized for this.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Damn the man eh? This is a couples and kids world my friend. It ain't fair, I agree, but tht is the way it goes.

OMW said...

I hate kids.
Kids are a waste of time.
NOBODY
NOBODY
should be allowed to reproduce.
The world would be so much better if we didn't have a bunch of kidsd/parasites sucking the life out of us.

STERILIZE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AletaR said...

gosh...remind me never to talk about my grandkids in front of you again.