Google

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Getting Settled

The last couple of days have been hectic and tiring.

On Thursday, hubby moved out of our house. All went well and the weather held out and snowed later in the day after the movers were done and gone.

Friday, dawned sunny and cold. We closed on our old house. It is just a 23 year old kid who bought it. Mom and dad are forking over quite a bit of cash to him. Must be nice to be 23 and own a 225,000 home. oh well.... We ended up waiting about an hour for the funds to be disbursed so that I could take the money and go and close on my new house. Meanwhile, mom is at the old house supervising the movers. Dad is at the new house ripping up the carpet in master bedroom. The floors underneath are red oak and look ok. They need some cleaning and all but for the most part are ok.

The movers I think were really wondering how I was going to fit all this stuff into this little house. I know I am.

By the end of the day I was tired and cranky. At one point I had 25 boxes in the kitchen and no idea where to put the shit. Most of it went down in the basement for now. I will go thru it little by little and get it sorted out.

Today, A and K came over to help me unpack some stuff and organize. The jury is still out on how to arrange the furniture in the living room. With one wall having two windows and the other wall broken up by a closet it make my options limited. A and K did a good job of helping me stay on track and finding new homes for things. I really appreciate your help, guys. THANKS!!!

I finally got my internet and tv hooked up this morning as well. I am lost without internet and tv....Now I have to get my dvr all set up and I am ready to go..

It is really nice to be in a place that is all my own. I look forward to my new life.

My ass is dead tired and I am heading off to bed in a few minutes. I will try to get some pictures posted in the next few days. Just have to remember which bucket my camera is in.

Have a good weekend all... Talk to ya later.

3 comments:

Kris said...

I sympathize with you. I hate moving, half of the time I just want to throw everything out and start all over again. I hope things go more smoothly now that you have everything at the new house.

cosmopolgirl said...

Oh I'm so feeling for you. I've been in the house since November and I still don't have any furniture in the basement or anything in the walls. But it will work out! Congrats on moving in!!

OMW said...

I didn;'t find your camera in any of my Buckets last night--sorry.