Google

Monday, September 27, 2010

I Love Boobs


Yesterday was the annual Susan G. Koman Walk for a Cure in Milwaukee. 

We have walked this as a group for the past several years. Ever since our good friend, Gambino became a survivor. 

I was thinking about that time yesterday.  I remember getting the call that she had been diagnosed.  Thinking "What the hell! "  and "No fucking way! ".  Next thing I recall was sitting in the bar, waiting to hear from A on how the surgery went.  Feeling relived when the call finally came and the news was good.

Gambino had to go back for a second surgery.  I'm still not sure it wasn't a ploy to get out of Thanksgiving at her home. (J, you know I'm only kidding ).  That was followed up with several weeks of radiation treatment.  She was fortunate to not have to go through chemo.

Much of that time seems like a blur to me. I'm sure she will never forget it.

The best part is that she is now a Survivor.

And yesterday we walked in her honor. 

No comments: